book review: a conjuring of light // v.e. schwab


A Conjuring of Light


A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)

Author: V.E. Schwab

Series: Shades of Magic - Book 3

Genre: Fantasy + (New?) Adult

Synopsis:

Witness the fate of beloved heroes - and enemies.

THE BALANCE OF POWER HAS FINALLY TIPPED...
The precarious equilibrium among four Londons has reached its breaking point. Once brimming with the red vivacity of magic, darkness casts a shadow over the Maresh Empire, leaving a space for another London to rise.

WHO WILL CRUMBLE?
Kell - once assumed to be the last surviving Antari - begins to waver under the pressure of competing loyalties. And in the wake of tragedy, can Arnes survive?

WHO WILL RISE?
Lila Bard, once a commonplace - but never common - thief, has survived and flourished through a series of magical trials. But now she must learn to control the magic, before it bleeds her dry. Meanwhile, the disgraced Captain Alucard Emery of the Night Spire collects his crew, attempting a race against time to acquire the impossible.

WHO WILL TAKE CONTROL?
And an ancient enemy returns to claim a crown while a fallen hero tries to save a world in decay.

Rate: 4.5 / 5 ⭐
(when I finished the book I gave it a 5 stars but when I came back to it to write a review I decided I had few points to say so...)

"Pure magic has no self. It simply is, a force of nature, a blood of our world, the marrow of our bones. We give it shape, but we must never give it soul."

Review: 

This was amazing! I had high expectations and it came through. yes there were somethings I wished that were more detailed or written about but other than that, loved it.

First lets get down to the things I didnt really like. There were certain new characters and new point of views which I didnt think were necessary. I mean if they did contribute to the development of the plot or the character it would have been fine but I am pretty sure the it could ave happened without these new additions too. The villian. In book two he seemed menacing and actually terrifying but on here there didnt seem to be much. It was the same old same old for me. Like he just felt, not really bland but not really brilliant either. 

Now onto the things I loved. My shipss!!! Ahh!! thats enough for that eh. And the action scenes were magnificent. The bickering between Kell and Alucard because they dont like sharing Rhys, apparently. Holland! He was my favourite in this book. I swear, he doesnt get a break from all the shit thats been dumped onto his head form book one. But his development was just soo good. We get to know about his backstory, we understand his motives and all the events that have shaped him to be the character he was in the finale. His scene in Silver Woods (if you've read the book, you know what I am talking about) is so beautiful and tragic.

This was a good conclusion to an amazing series. I mean it is pretty damn hard to wrap things up okay and also Schwab's writing!! Cant wait to read more of her other books!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧


Comments

Popular Posts