book review: pride and prejudice // jane austen


Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen

Stand alone

Genre: Classic + Historical Fiction

Synopsis:

Since its immediate success in 1813, Pride and Prejudice has remained one of the most popular novels in the English language. Jane Austen called this brilliant work "her own darling child" and its vivacious heroine, Elizabeth Bennet, "as delightful a creature as ever appeared in print." The romantic clash between the opinionated Elizabeth and her proud beau, Mr. Darcy, is a splendid performance of civilized sparring. And Jane Austen's radiant wit sparkles as her characters dance a delicate quadrille of flirtation and intrigue, making this book the most superb comedy of manners of Regency England.

Rate: 5 / 5 ⭐

"And your defect is to hate everybody."
"And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them."

Review:

I cannot believe it took me all these years to read this magnificent, glorious book. I love historical fiction and the fact that this is one of the most talked about books that I didnt read all this time is stupid of me. Anyways now that I have read it, it is quite clear that it has become a favourite of mine.

I have always heard people swooning over Mr. Darcy and talking about how bad ass Elizabeth is and now I can see why. Pride and Prejudice is like the base to all these love stories that we keep seeing these days. Honestly, I only expected a love story when I went into this book, but I loved how the main focus wasnt just the love story. It was about the Bennet family as a whole. All the sisters who want to find love or marraige or just a suitable beau. I liked the family dynamics and the characters as well.

The best part about this whole story is the character development, like Mr. Darcy I see why you are the reason why girls have high expectations for their men. 

(I hope this bit isnt too spoilery) Like Mr. Darcy is a rich and privileged man who gets called out by Elizabeth for his attitudes and behaviours and he actually listens to her. he fixes the damn problem instead of being a masculine bish about it. And he does it without asking for credit. Like hats off to you man. And I think this is what makes Elizabeth realize about her feelings as well, not just because everything about him was cleared. It was the fact that he uses his rich, privileged self to solve the problem!! (okay the spoilery??? bit is over).

Anyways I clearly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to watch the movie adaptations!!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧



Comments

Popular Posts