2024 goals and a review of my goals of last year

Hello! 

I know two weeks of the new year has already gone past and am only now reviewing my goals but hey, better late than never. I thought I'll tell you guys how my goals for the last year went (spoiler alert: it wasn't so bad actually) and about my new goals for this year. 

REVIEW OF 2023 GOALS

 Read 100 books of which atleast 50 has to be fiction

I did read 100 books, 102 actually but once again majority of it was manga. I think about 30 of them were fiction books and the rest were manga. Still am proud of my reads, most of them were amazing and I found some great new authors and faves. 

Explore new genres; mainly Islamic history, muslim lit, horror and adult fantasy

This didn't really go as planned. I started The Sealed Nectar which is an Islamic history but I didn't get to finish it. Didn't really read any muslim lit. I did read some horror (The Ghost Woods by C.J. Cooke and Mina by Kim Sagwa) and some adult fantasy (Poppy War and Dragon Republic). Thought I'd read more of them but oh well, it isn't too bad I guess.


Review the books I read

This didnt really happen. I think I reviewed like 5 or 6 books. I did have my personal notes and thoughts on the books hoping to expand them into proper review but I never got around to it. It is a shame because I read some really great books that I wanted to share my thoughts on. Hopefully one day if I ever do reread them, I'll write and share my thoughts.

Reread some old faves

I planned to reread some books (Grishaverse, Percy Jackson, Alex Rider and Lord of the Rings) but that didn't happen. I ended up rereading my favourite mangas instead. Ao haru ride, tokyo ghoul and lovesick ellie. So in a way I did read some old faves lol.

Finish physical tbr

This obviously did not happen 😂 and my physical TBR got longer now (its past 70 💀).

2024 GOALS

Onto the goals for this year, I thought of having general goals along with some bookish ones. 

I am not going to focus on number of books I will read this year. With everything going on in my life and my number of other hobbies and priorities, I don't know how I will manage to read a 100 books (including manga). For the sake of goodreads and storygraph, I have put 25 as a number but it won't matter whether I read 1 or 25. 
  • Book buying ban
or atleast for another 6 months, dont purchase anything new. I have too many on my physical TBR right now and its better for me to finish them forst ebfore purchasing anymore new books. Also with the VAT increase, books arent going to be very affordable soon. 
  • Review the books
This I really want to try and do this year. It'll be a great way to record and archive my thoughts on the books. So fingers crossed this actually happens this year.
  • Archive my life
As in record more of what I like to do. Blogging, vlogging, taking pictures and journaling. I love going back on my old memories of everyhting I have taken. I want to bring that back. So maybe more blog posts...
  • Focus on Self Growth
This is mainly to become a better person. So try to eat better, exercise, try new things, explore, learn more about Islam. It has a big range and it is very subjective so we'll see how this goes. 
  • Be consistent
This is something I struggle with (as if it isn't very evident by my blog posts lol) and I want to be more consistent with everything I do or start doing. For example, if I want to exercise, try to do it regularly instead once every three months. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧





 

Comments

Popular Posts