2 T W E N T Y 0



i am 20 now.

no longer at the edge of teens.

now stuck in limbo
the transition phase,
from a teen to an adult.

a strange time to be in honestly
but it was a good one so far.

tt's been 20 years since i first came into the world.

two decades!

that’s quite a period time.

nevertheless still very very small
compared to the earth’s age
or even this universe.

i learnt a lot of things growing up.

ind i thought today will be a good day to share it all.

these are my thoughts,
my opinions.

they may fit well with some of you
they may not with the others.

and with that said
lets gooooo.

family is important.

mama, dada, habee and ibbi.

i learnt to love, care and be more patient with them
once i was done with my school years.

taking the time to appreciate each and every one of them
and go on adventures too.

friends,
new and old,
have become an integral part in my life too.

there were times where i was anxious on whether i still fit in
but then when i see them all my worries disappear
and the fun times begin.

my chosen family.

to all things inanimate.

(sooo many things to mention on here.)

but the littlest of joy i found in them was immensely helpful
in destressing myself and reminding myself that
little things do matter.

my passions,
the ones i have today and the ones i have let go of,
shaped me and taught me many things.

made me realize and learn many of the issues we are facing as of today.

thankful for keeping my creative side going and making me aware.

tp all the people i’ve met before,
be it friends or foe.

i have learnt many a things from you all too.

from the problems we went through,
to all the drama that happened,
helped me realize that good days are blessings
and bad days are lessons and experiences.

to myself.

i can let go of things i don’t want anymore.

i don’t have to hold onto them for nostalgic reasons.

i don’t have to let go permanently.

i can also take breaks from things i love dearly.

to grow and learn
and understand more.

it is completely alright to be clueless
and curious.

we are human after all.

and finally,
i lived here for 20 years.

i have been given chances by Allah
day after day,
year after year.

and i need to realize
that He is giving me time
to fix my mistakes
and follow the right path
Always.

today
i am 20.

in a limbo
a transition.

i am
a work in progress.

today
i am 20,
and i will no longer be 20
once tomorrow has come.

with love, 


↠•↞

Comments

Popular Posts