Chocolate Drip Cake

I finally tried out the drip cake like two weeks ago!!! Am soo happy!! It wasnt perfect but it came out good for the first try I guess.



The recipe I used was an old chocolate fudge recipe I had from God knows where. It was the first cake I baked when i was twelve and to make it again I felt quite nostalgic. I remembered the compliments I got after making it the first time. Even now my family members loved it 😁


Chocolate Fudge Cake

Ingredients :

  • 100g self raising flour
  • 3 tbsp heaped cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 125g butter
  • 150g brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk 
  • 2 eggs

Method :


1. Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.

tip : I grind the sugar in the grinder until its powdery so thats easier to beat with the butter.

2. Add the beaten eggs into the batter.

3. Add flour mixture, beat a little then add the milk and mix it.

4. Pour it to a cake tin or if you are making cupcakes pour it to the muffin tin.

5. Bake in a pre heated over at 180 ° C for 30 minutes if its cake and 20 minutes if its cupcakes.

tip : check if its completely cooked by poking a toothpick/fork in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean its completely cooked.

(This is just for one layer of cake. I tripled the recipe since I made three layers)



Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients :

  • 50g chocolate (melted)
  • 100g butter (at room temperature)
  • 200g icing sugar
  • 1 tbsp milk

Method :

1. Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until flufffy on medium to high speed.

2. Add half of the icing sugar and beat on low until everything is combined then increase the speed for medium for like three minutes. Add the other half and repeat.

3. Then add the chocolate and beat on medium speed for another two minutes. Add the milk and beat for another minute.

tip : the buttercream frosting rule is that for whatever amount of icing sugar, the butter is usually half the amount. and milk is added just to get the right texture.


Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients :


  • 115g semi sweet chocolate chips 
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream

Method :

1. Heat the cream in a small pan over medium heat until just below boiling point.

2. Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute then whisk until the chocolate has melted.

And finally the assembling!

Its pretty basic. I kept one layer of cake over which I spread the icing and repeated it with the other layers. Then I coated the whole cake with buttercream icing making sure to cover the wholes and smoothening it out with a spatula. I let it set in the fridge for like 10 minutes before I covered the cake in icing again just to smoothen it out and look pretty (it wasnt that pretty but I did a pretty good job I guess).

And finally I poured the ganache on top of the cake and let it drip. I think I poured too much and hence it dripped to the sides as well but hey atleast I finally managed to make one 😀











Comments

Popular Posts