Book Review: Inkdeath // Cornelia Funke (#3 Inkworld)

Inkdeath

Author: Cornelia Funke

Series: #3 Inkworld Trilogy

Format: paperback

Genre: Fantasy | Adventure | Middle grade

Synopsis:

Ever since the extraordinary events of 'Inkspell', when the story of 'Inkheart' magically drew Meggie, Mo and Dustfinger back into its pages, life in the Inkworld has been far from easy. With Dustfinger dead, and the evil Adderhead now in control, the story in which they are all caught has taken an unhappy turn.

Rate: 3 / 5 

" "Who are you?' Mo looked at the White Women. 

"Guess." The bird ruffled up its golden feathers, and Mo saw that the mark on its breast was blood.

"You are Death." Mo felt the word heavy on his tongue. Could any word be heavier?"

Review:

I read this a while back so I do hope I can remember exactly what I want to say 😅

I actually didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I remember being excited because I thought it would be all about the character that died in Inkspell. About how to bring the character back, because that's how the second book ended. even though I thought that was a cheap plot point made just so the author could extend the book series. 

The story also shifted focus from Meggie, the main character in the previous books, to Mo (her father). This didn't faze me as much as the whole storyline about death. Death was barely mentioned and in the scene, he does appear felt very underwhelming. 

While the story did progress well, it felt off probably because I was expecting something else (hey, the title was to blame!) The characters on the other hand were quite well written and complex as ever. I loved Violante's and Farid's character arc in this story (they arent my favourite characters though). Dustfinger remains to be my favourite character from this series. The descriptions and the writing were as vivid as ever and I loved it. Low key reminded me of the Anne series by L.M. Montgomery.

Well. am going to end this here since I don't remember as much. To wrap it up let's just say this wasn't my favourite of the trio. But still, would recommend the trilogy! Wish I had read it when I first added it to my shelf like 5 years ago, I think I would have enjoyed it more. 


*:・゚✧*:・゚✧



Comments

Popular Posts