Book Review : We'll Never Be Apart // Emiko Jean



Synopsis : 

Murder.

Fire.

Revenge.

That’s all seventeen-year-old Alice Monroe thinks about. Committed to a mental ward at Savage Isle, Alice is haunted by memories of the fire that killed her boyfriend, Jason. A blaze her twin sister Cellie set. But when Chase, a mysterious, charismatic patient, agrees to help her seek vengeance, Alice begins to rethink everything. Writing out the story of her troubled past in a journal, she must confront hidden truths.


Is the one person she trusts only telling her half the story? Nothing is as it seems in this edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller from the debut author Emiko Jean.

Rate : 3.2 / 5 ⭐

Review : 

I went into this book without really having any expectations. I thought this book would have certain cliches that I have read in many thrillers these days but it was unexpected. I ended up enjoying the whole story.

So I found the story pretty good. They had some leads that I followed and like halfway through I realized that I had been misled and that the story was going in an entirely different direction. Its not every book that catches me off guard so I liked that about this.

The writing style was good. I didnt find it extra special but it was good. The chapters had the alternate past and present thing going on.

Characters were a bit off for me. Well actually just one character, Chase. His character didnt develop much towards the end and I thought he was suddenly going to be killed or something but yeah so other than that the other characters were very well written about.



Comments

Popular Posts