2023 reading goals

 Hello!

It's been a while. I keep saying this every year but I truly hope I can be better at blogging this year (lol). So here I am sharing my reading goals for the year. Fingers crossed I can cross them all off by the end of the year.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

  • Read 100 books

I usually have a goal of 50 books but now that I can track manga and webtoons as well, I figured I can increase my goal. I still do want to read 50 fiction books because last year I think I read less than 30, even though I managed to read 103.

  • Explore new genres

I have three main genres that I do want to read more of and they are Islamic history and Muslim lit, Horror and also Adult Fantasy. The last time I read a book on Islamic History was probably for school and I am surprised about it cause as someone who says she's interested in history, I've barely read any of these types of books since I left school. And horror because I don't think I've read any before so I want to try it and see if it is to my liking. Adult fantasy because I love fantasy but I feel like I always stick to YA and I need to find more that are darker and grittier and more age-appropriate for me. This obviously doesn't mean that I'll not read YA anymore.

  • Review the books I read

I want to write more reviews and polish up on this skill because I've been neglecting it. I don't think I wrote any proper reviews for the books I read last year and I did read some great ones. Hopefully one day Insha Allah when I reread them, I'll write proper reviews and upload them. But now I do hope I can stick to this goal.

  • Reread some old faves

So I have some series which I haven't finished and it has been ages since I read the first few books. so in order to read them I need to reread the older books like the Grishaverse, Percy Jackson World, Alex Rider, and Lord of the Rings. 

  • Finish my physical TBR

or at least bring it down to less than 20. Its currently almost 60 T-T 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Well, that is all for now. We'll see how it goes. I'll do a mid-year check-in somewhere in June (hope I remember). See you all, take care.



Comments

Popular Posts