Final Book Haul of 2018!!!

Didnt think I would get to buy anymore books but then a voucher and a discounted sale saved me ;p

My sister gifted me the voucher for my birthday in March 2018 and only in December 2018 did I finally use it. I got a book and a cute magnetic bookmark as well.

  • Astonishing Colour of After // Emily.X.R.Pan


Synopsis :

Leigh Chen Sanders is absolutely certain about one thing: When her mother died by suicide, she turned into a bird.

Leigh, who is half Asian and half white, travels to Taiwan to meet her maternal grandparents for the first time. There, she is determined to find her mother, the bird. In her search, she winds up chasing after ghosts, uncovering family secrets, and forging a new relationship with her grandparents. And as she grieves, she must try to reconcile the fact that on the same day she kissed her best friend and longtime secret crush, Axel, her mother was taking her own life.

Alternating between real and magic, past and present, friendship and romance, hope and despair, The Astonishing Color of After is a novel about finding oneself through family history, art, grief, and love.

↠•↞

After which I heard about the Makeens discounted sale being held at Wattala. I initially thought that I wont be able to go to it because of the distance but luckily my father had some work there so I managed to go. Unfortunately it was on the final day so there wasnt as much fiction books as I thought there would be. The ones that were there were the ones I had already read. So I bought two classics and a big encyclopedia type book (I dont normally buy these kind of books because of how expensive they are but I decided to buy this one because it was discounted and therefore quite cheap). Also bought a colouring book (:



  • Pride and Prejudice // Jane Austen 


Pride and Prejudice

Synopsis :

Since its immediate success in 1813, Pride and Prejudice has remained one of the most popular novels in the English language. Jane Austen called this brilliant work "her own darling child" and its vivacious heroine, Elizabeth Bennet, "as delightful a creature as ever appeared in print." The romantic clash between the opinionated Elizabeth and her proud beau, Mr. Darcy, is a splendid performance of civilized sparring. And Jane Austen's radiant wit sparkles as her characters dance a delicate quadrille of flirtation and intrigue, making this book the most superb comedy of manners of Regency England.

  • White Fang // Jack London


White Fang

Synopsis : 

White Fang is part dog and part wolf, and the lone survivor of his family. In his lonely world, he soon learns to follow the harsh law of the North--kill or be killed. But nothing in White Fang's life can prepare him for the cruel owner who turns him into a vicious killer. Will White Fang ever know the kindness of a gentle master?

  • The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them // Mark Salisbury

↠•↞

With Love,


all pictures are mine except for the pride and prejudice + white fang (from goodreads)

synopsis credits : goodreads




Comments

Popular Posts